For Allocare AMS release 18.3, the development focused primarily on extending the possibilities for adding, storing and viewing more data for different objects. Features like multiple transaction refer-ences, dynamic lists and additional search fields are a part of this effort. Background maintenance was conducted for several application areas as an (internal) housekeeping project. Last but not the least, preliminary development towards a system for notifications and alerts is also an important part of this release.
Finally, a noteworthy change is the renaming of Allocare AMS Web to ‘Allocare WEB’. The new name and logo signifies our increased focus on the web application.
Following is a short summary of the major developments in Allocare AMS release 18.3.
- Portfolio Depreciation: In compliance with the directive 2014/65/EU article 25(6) (MiFID II), the Portfolio Depreciation method is now available that calculates depreciation of portfolio value based on portfolio flow.
- Multiple References for Transactions: Identifier Systems have been extended for transactions. This extension supports the clients’ requirement of being able to use multiple references for trans-actions.
- Search by Customer-Specific Fields: Search functionality for objects has been enhanced by adding customer-specific fields to search dialogs.
- Interactive Allocare AMS Info: Composition of automated messages now comes with the possi-bility to include hyperlinks. As a first use case for this new feature, alerts have been implemented for portfolio depreciation limits.
- Allocare AMS Web has been renamed to ‘Allocare WEB’.
- Dynamic Layout and Column Selection for Lists: The Portfolio List and the Investment List have been enhanced to include the dynamic column selection options.
- Price Information in Investment Details: Price information fields and a price chart have been added to the Investment Details page.
Support for SQL Server 2008 / 2008 R2 has been discontinued from Allocare AMS release 18.3.
Allocare AMS Portfolio
- Quick Access to User Help: The Help buttons in various GUIs are now enabled and func-tional. It opens the corresponding Help topic in the documentation.
- Transactions: Transaction editors are redesigned with a tabbed layout. Additionally, docu-ments can also be linked to transactions.
- Compliance to MiFID II / MiFIR: Allocare AMS facilitates the collection and maintenance of data for MiFID II / MiFIR reporting. Additionally, a MiFID II transaction report can also be generated
- A new generation of reporting referred to as ‘Reporting 2.0’ has been launched with release 17.9. It improves the report-generation experience for our customers by giving them the flexibil-ity to design, compose and develop reports.
Allocare AMS Web
- Evolution Tree: The Evolution Tree shows the changes in portfolio values of a selected Method in a given time period.
- Cash Flow Tree: The Cash Flow Tree shows a preview of the cash flows till date as well as a forecast of the cash flows in future.
- Extended Data Availability: The range of data available over the web / mobile devices has been extended to orders and standing data (portfolios, investments and legal entities).
Windows Vista is not supported anymore. Support for SQL Server 2008 / 2008 R2 and Windows Server 2008 / 2008 R2 will be discontinued from Allocare AMS release 18.3.
Allocare AMS Portfolio
- Quick Help Access for Methods: Help text for individual methods is accessible as tooltips in the Analysis Tree as well as short descriptions in the Select Methods dialog. Users may also add their own text to be displayed as short descriptions.
Moreover, configuration options to include additional documents to the Help menu have also been added.
- Breach Management: More configuration options have been added for Breach Management besides some other enhancements.
- Transaction Cost Analysis: Options to apply breakdown by transaction attributes (such as Broker) have been added.
Allocare AMS Administration
- Deleting Users: The User Manager has been enhanced in order to assist administrators in deleting users that may have references to other objects in the application.
Allocare AMS Web
- Tablet Style: The application has been optimized for viewing in Tablets (iPad / Android).
- Standard Dashboards: Various standard dashboards are now delivered with the application.
Support for Windows Vista and SQL Server 2008 / 2008R2 will be discontinued from Allocare AMS release 17.9 and onwards.
Altishofen (LU), 24th November 2016 – In terms of a buyout the management of Allocare AG can buy all shares of the software company from State Street. The sale of the company takes place as of the beginning of January 2017. The more than 50 Allocare AMS customers can expect the same professional service level, in the future. The MBO brings the necessary flexibility and independency to furthermore act successfully in the rapidly changing financial industry.
In the last 15 years Allocare AG has grown to a well-known software company for Asset Management. Banks and independent asset managers in Switzerland and abroad belong to the clientele. In 2011, State Street bought Allocare AG together with Complementa Investment-Controlling AG. Due to strategic reasons, State Street has decided to resell the software company with 40 employees. Marc Breitenbach and his team with five MIG21/DVS consultants remain in the State Street Group.
Peter Staub, CEO says: „We are extremely happy that State Street has decided to proceed with an MBO and has offered this one-time opportunity to us as managers of Allocare AG for many years. We are convinced that this move will be the basis for a sustainable development of our company in favor of its clients and employees.” Allocare will remain a trusted partner for State Street.
The block of shares is taken over by the newly founded Allocare Holding AG. Peter Staub, CEO and Jakob Kamm, co-founder of Allocare, fully own the holding company along with two other employees.
For further information, please refer to:
Peter Staub, CEO Allocare AG